Friday, March 16, 2012

Hygrophila polysperma 'Rosanervig' and Bolbitis heudelotii

Upate of my Bolbitis Heudelotii (African Fern) & took it out for cleaning- 05 June 2013
Thriving and still expanding twice the size of adult palm.























Posted on 16 Mar 2012
My optometrist recently told me that my eyesight has somewhat improved ...hmmm. Could it be attributed to my soothing planted tank? Oh well, may be I am just trying to find excuses to bring in more plants into my tank...hur hur hur.

The followings are some of my favourite plants worth highlighting in my blog.

Polysperma "Rosanervig". It leaf has lovely pink color with white vein that look like sunset and is also known as Hygro sunset. There is the greener variety shown on the 2nd photo with nice yellowish green tone. Though these plants are fast growing weeds in india and being restricted for export in some part of the world, it has received positive feedback as aquarium plants. Worth giving such plant a try as they ain't expensive and give my tank nice shade of colors.































Contrary to the above, Bolbitis heudelotii also known as African Water Fern is a slow grower. Their growing regime is very similar to Java Fern where its rhizome is attached to drift wood, this plant thrives under low light and fast moving water. It is also one of the most expensive aqua plants sold in LFS. I bought this small specimen through sharing the cost with another aquarist friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment