Thursday, July 7, 2016

World of Cichlids

I was stucked in Qian Hu for 3 hours, on weekday morning, mainly due to their impatient company driver whom didn't bother to look out for passenger at the waiting booth, resulted in me missing the shutter bus TWICE!  Moral of the story, never visit Qian Hu on weekday.  To pass time, for their next bus schedule (of 1 hour interval), I "camped" in their cichlid show room and took several photos.  Horrendous service aside, the fish farm didn't bother to provide the actual name of the following cichlids except to label every cichlid tank as "MIXED CICHLIDS"!  As cichlid newbie wanting to learn more, I am no wiser after leaving the fish farm...














Blue frontosa (very expensive species)















































While I am at  this topic, the following are my favorite cichlids which I have been keeping for months in my tank:


Duboisi staring at the rock













A pair of yellow band Moorii Tropheus






























Electric Yellow Cichlid (Labidochromis Caeruleus) - by far the most productive but the babies were eventually eaten up by others (I think)...














Electric Blue Johanni (Melanochromis) - A confession of my "fetish" for blue cichlids such as these specimens. Love their electric color.

















Golden/Yellow Auratus Julie - so far so good, its color remains intact. I heard they will change to whitish/greyish in color as they matured, probably referring to the male specimen.  I hope this is a female one.













Blue Moori Hump Head Dolphin - I saved this pair from a very filthy tank in LFS. They were seen gasping for survival and 80% of these juvenile died in their commercial tank.  Now, they are already 3 inches in length and looking good under my care.


























Blue face male Venustus - its bluish face has waned after I acquired them.  I am hoping for the blue face to return its color.













My sunshine peacock cichlid (Aulonacara)













Fire Red and Dragon Blood Peacock cichlids - bought them to give my cichlids tank that added fire
color energy




























"Chup Cheng" or marbled peacock cichlid?  - whatever that is, it has so many colors I fell in love with it at first sight.
























Juvenile Frontosa -  Adopted this piece which was accidentally placed inside the wrong commercial fish tank, among other "economy cichlid". The one and only which caught my attention for a dollar....:). It has since outgrown my demasoni (seen swimming next to it in the photo).































Demasoni 
Another of my blue favorite fish.














Happy with their health and hope you like the beautiful colors of my cichilds.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment