Wednesday, November 9, 2011

PH 7.2 - 2ft tank

Latest update on my 1.5ft tank. Daily casualty about 10 pcs. For 3 consecutive days when I switched on the light in the morning, I saw them lying lifeless. It really hurts to see heavy casualties even though I have so many FR in my tank. Yesterday, I quickly did a 20% WC and today another 50%WC including siphoning out poos which have been accumulated over a year because I don't usually do WC to my tank except topping up water. I took a PH test before WC and it read 6 - too acidic (forgot to take photo of the test). Now it went back to around 6.5 after major WC. I suspect it could be amonia strike or was it the result of my recent over-trimming of watersprite? Whichever, I am closely monitoring the livestocks closely......
The purpose of the above photo is to show the Glossostigma I bought recently for my new tank. These are extra pieces to try out in my old tank. It is not appealing in the current sorry state because I have been quite impatient pulling the clumps apart. I wonder will they even survive under my care...hmmm

Latest update on my 2ft. I took some of the aged water from my 1.5ft tank during WC for my 2ft tank and added couple drops of black water. A day later, I think there is slight improvement to the water PH - 7.2. Still a long way to go before adding in shrimps.

No comments:

Post a Comment