Sunday, June 30, 2013

Aquarium Emersed plants project

I have been wanting to do this emersed aqua planting project a long time ago from an under utililised breeding box.   The concept rekindled yesterday when I saw varous beautiful emersed aqua plants on display at SV.  Thus I bought the basic to start off another project..

800g GEX plants/shrimps soil
Breeding box
2 different flowering plants (Hygrophila sp "Araguaia" and Proserpinaca Palustris (Mermaid Weed)

I filled up 90% of the breeding box with GEX soil to create depth for the roots. Submersed the box slightly below water surface to avoid water clogging and thus became unncessary breeding ground for mosquito. Fully submersed box also creates new playground for fishes/shrimps which in turn add fertlisers to the soil. Thus you see the dual purposes there.











Final result for further monitoring. The plants are now closely exposed to my T5HO light. I have added a few drops of green liquid fertliser to the soil too.












*finger crossed* Anyone tried this method with good result?

No comments:

Post a Comment