Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Bucephlandra (Various specimens)

The beauty of Borneo Native Plants is here. I acquired these rare plants thru AQ forum's friend. These will be my initial "experiment pieces"  for my low tech tank.


Another Unidentified plant
I have this plant awaiting identification.  Apparently it has "star dust" effect on its leaves and quite similar to the characteristic displayed by Bucephalandra. LFS's vendor told me it will turn red with enough dose of  iron fertiliser and is meant to be rooted...hmm  Here are pics for closer look, hope anyone can tell me what it is.  I strongly hope it is another Bucephalandra specimen.
































 All ready to go into my tank


Done and hope for the best outcome in times to come
They are strategically placed under my ehiem's outflow rainbar, to mimick their natural habitat under the flowing river - research via Youtube.












UPDATED 14 JUNE 2013
Almost all my Bucephlandra send out new shoots.




















Not as difficult as many thought they were, my green fingers at work again or was it my SEACHEM EXCEL that performed miracle?

Update: 08 March 2014
Looking good with many new shoots..



No comments:

Post a Comment