Sunday, December 15, 2013

Hygrophila Pinnatifida (Part 2)

In August I bought this plant which I thought to be the real Hygrophila Pinnatifida.











May be I was wrong, the above plant could be non-aquatic in nature known as Dragon's Breath (Hemigraphis Reponda "Acanthus").  The following was how it turns out after 4 months being introduced into my tank. The leaves are narrower and not growing rapidly. The stem became a long sparse stick, leaves yellowed and dropped. Not much of a result.














Today, I saw something similar but greener. This could be the real Hygrophila Pinnatifida I was looking for instead of the above magenta color type.Almost the same price I paid for the purplish plant  but this huge green specimen is worth the buy.




















Will keep an update on its growth months later. *keeping fingers crossed again*

No comments:

Post a Comment