Monday, May 11, 2015

Eden 316

Initially, I thought of getting a wave maker for my cichlid tank which I created recently. While browsing for the product, I came across Eden 316 at an extremely attractive price (relative to many simple HOF we see in the market). What captivated me is not just the affordable price, this well designed internal canister has several compartments for maximum filteration and like Eden 501, it is silent.  Here are the photos...




































I pulled out 2 of the 3 compartments which look like a pill box,  one has white soft sponge (final filteration stage) and another empty compartment for the media (for Beneifit bacterial). In fact, the "pill box" compartment can be used for other type of media too.




















I filled in the media (with ssome leftover for future use) and slot them back in.
I then pulled out the 3rd compartment with the blue sponge. This is the first channel where water will be drawn into.















It is silent, easy to operate and doesn't take up space as seen here. Not only it created undercurrent "wave maker", my cichlid aquarium now has double filteration system - Eden501 and Eden 316, both working together as brothers.















No comments:

Post a Comment