Tuesday, May 5, 2015

My past aquarium projects

Now that my home is empty of any fish tank, I felt very zen. It was like taking a long holiday break from feeding fishes/shrimps, trimming plants, refilling water, lugging pails after pails of old water, scrubbing algaes, you name it and all of which were familiar to many aquarists.  Here were few of the aquariums which used to surround my living space in the past..

9.9 Gallon











35.6 Gallon









2.65 Gallon (360 Marina tank)

















10 gallon (half moon Boyu Tank)














10 gallon (tank picked from street with stained mark)                                                   















8.9 Gallon







All the above were flora focussed, which was the reason that kept me happily busy maintaining them. Unfortunately, in Singapore, work has placed so much stress on us we lost our work life balance - eventually I sold and give away most of the above, with the exception of Eden 501.  Someday, I foresee I might still need my favourite Eden 501 canister again....and my next project is not too far away when I lugged this 18 Gallon tank home,on a stormy day.













In fact, this tank was bought for a special purpose in mind - fauna focussed instead of my flora focussed style. As for now, I have better kept an inquisitive "CAT" in suspense about my next project.

No comments:

Post a Comment