Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Journey Pt 3 -2008















In 2008, after my bettas have aged, I sold off my empty betta tank/jars. I wanted a simple community fish tank without much hassle....I was so wrong. The first fish I fell in love with when I stared into its luminous eyes, it is called mandor.



I put up for ID in the forum and was told it is another type of betta, the wild variety. It seemed I could never shake off betta in 2008 and decided to find out their regime of care. They really live up to the name with all the wild traits - jumpy, love blackish water, and extremely territorial, especially killing their own mate (directly or not) in all their chase.


Unfortunately, as much as I love giving them the best condition to thrive, many did not make it. They were picky on dry food and have high preference for livestocks as meal. They do get messy if they don't eat the given food and left the untouched food to stale in the tank. People even suggested I kept fresh worms in freezer but I didn't dare for fear of it accidentally getting it into our own house foods.



Nevertheless, wild bettas are beauty in their own way. Here are some photos of the wild betta I have kept in the past.... (to cont... Pt4)

No comments:

Post a Comment