Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Journey Pt 4 -2008/9










Instead of keeping fish in tank or jar without proper filteration. I owned my first petite tank which is hardly more than the size of my palm. It has an undergravel filter and I thought it might be suitable for any hardy shrimp - namely Malayan shrimp which was recommended by the shop owner who sold me the tank.



However, the outflow from the filter was too harsh for my shrimp or any living faunas that I put in. The strong wave send my fish into a corner and they look stressed. The food that thrown in were flying all over the tank too. I tried to reduce the flowrate with a fabric cover used for our water tap, but it melted within a week due to strong current blowing thru it. I was dissappointed and have to sell my petite tank.

It took me nearly a year to scout around for a decent 1 footer nano cube and I found this interesting piece.....


Thereafter, I started this blog feeling proud that I finally have a proper fish tank to play with, the rest became history.....


(to cont Pt5)

No comments:

Post a Comment